Sunday, May 11, 2008

I love you, Mom

Today is Mother's Day. I got up this morning and went to church with my brother, which proved to be the best way to honor my mom's memory. I wasn't sure what to expect from this day, this day of Moms and every thing Mom-Like Every Where In Your Face. I tried to be strong. Mainly what I noticed most this afternoon was the silence. It's just so quiet without her here. The phone rang and I actually expected it to be her. That hasn't happened in a while. I looked up at the sky and said, "Mom, I love you. I miss you so much." There's no way of knowing if she could ever hear me. My gut says no. She's just gone. I also realized that I do not have a single female family member alive. Wow. That's kind of amazing and so very sad. I wish I had a sister or an aunt or my dear Grandma...
I'm getting ready for work, bracing myself against the barrage of happy families I am going to have to face, bringing their moms out to eat, celebrating them. I'm trying to be strong. I know I am loved. But this hurts.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. My mom passed away too last year. My dad is not doing so well either. It's one rotten deal.

Neat art stuff you're doing! Thanks for the comments on my blog. I'm trying to write something about Georgians here in Georgia thinking they've been attacked by Russia, but it's not very funny, just kind of offensive, probably won't post it.