Thursday, March 6, 2008

Fun with a camera...

I really enjoy photography. I've never done it professionally, but I take my camera with me EVERYWHERE... I'm always snapping photos to the point of fanaticism, and I find beauty in all places I go. It's so easy to find beauty around here. We are blessed to live in an especially beautiful part of the world. I take deep wonder in it daily.
I am known to pull over in the most dangerous of conditions just to get a good picture. Here are some of my favorites, I took all of them in or around Santa Barbara county. I hope you like them. Please let me know what you think.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
<
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love them all - they are great & inspiring - janel

Sugarbaby said...

great shots! you have a good eye!

Manolo said...

fotoes!!!

Anonymous said...

Great shots Sheryl. After about 12 years of being a photographer, I have learned that it was more fun when I knew less about it.

Keep it up! But not too much?

Anonymous said...

re: the photos i ditto what Larry said.....

re: your life. Sheryl I have known you 4 ever. And even tho we have certainly drifted, you will always be my sister. So that makes me feel like I have the right to say. JUST DO IT!! Time's a wastin!! There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Look at what a powerful person you have been. And I am not saying that to blow sunshine. I am saying seriously look at the loads you have carried not knowing how you would do it and you did.

Also you are such a fun and easy person, you have no trouble making great connections.

Also yes drink less!

All this to the point: Get out of Santa Barbara! Not because there is anything wrong with SB. I loved it there myself and still do. But you have to see what else is out there. ..and what else you are capable of.

You deserve that adventure.


When I left I was terrified. Mostly of my own wish for things to stay the same. It was not long before it was obvious it was the best thing I could have done.

Interestingly now I find myself in the same spot here in Santa Fe...I love it but should I stay? Is it time to see what else is out there? Who else I am? I think it might be time. It's feels close.

So that said listen to that voice and do not pass go.

Your life will thank you and SB will always be there.

Much LOve
brenda
reeeeet!

Sheryl said...

Brenda,
Thanks so much! Your comment means a lot to me. What you said about not wanting to leave mainly because of your "wish for things to stay the same" really rang a bell. Part of my stagnancy is exactly that. I wish things could be the same. Most of it is because of my mom. I am in denial about it all. I want to stay here because this was the last house I will ever live in that she set foot in. Nowhere else that I move to in the future will ever see her there. It floors me.