Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"In your FACE!"

My prize for website of the day goes to: www.adamwest.com
Batman's website! Hee hee! I bet he'd be fun to have lunch with.

Not much to say today. I canceled my bereavement therapy at the last minute. I didn't want to talk about sadness today. I haven't cried for a few days. Came close at a tv commercial about a little boy with a terminal disease, but I'm feeling kind of numb. I don't know what stage of grief I am in right now. At work I was reminded of the events of the last few months when I walked into the walk in fridge and there was a strange loud buzzing. It reminded me of the hums and whirs of the machines in the hospital ICU. It sounded just like a life support machine and I was immediately transported back there. I spent so much time there on and off with my mom. I would be happy to never have to hear those sounds again. In 2007 I learned the ugly meaning of such seemingly innocent words and phrases like metastasis, stage IV, palliative, and preemptive decision. I'm so thankful she's not in pain anymore, but I miss her so much. My life is very different now.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was a beautiful day. Really beautiful, with a big cloudy sky and a crisp coldness in the air. I didn't have to work, and had lunch with my favorite girls from the palace. I'm so sad to see Nicki and Leah go. I will miss them tremendously. We pigged out in style on French food. Pure Deliciousness. If you live in Santa Barbara and have time for a leisurely two hour lunch with the best creme brulee in town, then go to Pacific Crepes on Anacapa. Zowee! I am still full and it's almost midnight.


Other news: My old friend Brenda came through town this week. It was good to see her. We are still the same...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: