Friday, January 11, 2008

Quote of the Day

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated". - Mohandas Gandhi

I inherited my mom's cat when she died. She's a 10 year old pedigree Maine Coon Cat. She's gorgeous, but she isn't very friendly (...YET). Image Hosted by ImageShack.usAfter over a month I am just now getting her to come out of my room and let me pet her a little. She is very high strung. I attribute that to the fact that my mom never had her fixed. I spayed her this week, and already her behavior seems to be changing. The vet found a large cyst on one of her ovaries, so it was good timing. Maybe the cyst was hurting her and making her surly. My cat, (her half sister) HATES her presence here and has peed all over the couch to mark her "territory". Boy does this suck! I can't even tell you. It cost me a fortune in cleaning and disinfecting products and dry-cleaning. I am on constant kitty watch now. Who knew that another cat could cause so much disruption in my happy home.

This is their dad, The Big Bopper was his name. He weighed a whopping 35 pounds!!! Biggest cat I have EVER seen. Look at the size of him compared to our breeder. His head was almost as big as hers! I was hoping that Kalia would get freakishly huge, but she never did. She only weighs 13 pounds. Still about twice as much as Janel's dog! HA HA HA!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

If anyone is feeling generous and wants to donate in my mom's name to help save kitties, here is the link:

donate in loving memory of: MARY SCHROEDER
to: CLICK HERE ...to donate to ASAPcats

http://www.asapcats.org/donate.html

1 comment:

janel said...

try THREE times as much as my dog....!